the last blog//reflection


Media is something we all live around, and have recently blossomed in the last couple of years. Media has changed from barely being used to being used full time. This has much to do with the complexity of phones and technology in these recent years. I got my first phone in the 3rd grade, in the 3rd grade I never really used my phone but occasionally for YouTube, to contact my parents, and to play games on. However compared to now I used my phone to check social media, contact friends and family, listen to music, watch movies and shows, YouTube, and to play games. In comparison to when I was younger, I have definitely grown more of a usage to technology than when I was younger. This also had a lot to do with age. When I got my first phone I was pretty young and had a lot more restrictions of when I can use it and when it was time to let go of the phone. Now I have "gained" enough responsibility to manage myself and my cell phone usage... but I can't. I spend more than nine hours on my phone doing unproductive stuff like watching a movie when I should be doing my homework. I've become fully engulfed in my phone and have had to add a screen time to my phone to help with this issue. Screen time is on my phone starting 7:18 a.m til 5:30 p.m so I can have time to finish my homework as a straight shot before getting in some downtime and going to dance. However, the issue here is that my mom didn't install the screen time on my phone. This means that I could very well have a pass code on my screen time so I couldn't ignore it anymore. But I don't wanna ask to proceed in the action because I think I'll feel a sense of loss and a part of me gone. I've been trying and trying to cut back on my media usage and nothing is working. It's so bad to the point where I've lead it dictate my future. I have a constant feeling when ignoring homework for social media that I will go nowhere with my life, but it's still so hard for me to break this addiction. In addition to this feeling I am not doing as well as I should or was doing previously in school and there is no doubt about it that it is caused by my phone. With such a big distraction that eats up all of my time, I sit and wonder when will enough be enough Londen. When will I stop being lazy and stop feeding into my addiction. It's a constant battle I have with myself a lot more often than I should; and really shouldn't be happening because it can be solved by something as simple as getting my mom to make a pass code on my screen time, or here taking my phone away, but which ever one I chose to proceed in. I need to do it soon and complete with my mind and have the want/drive in it so that this heartache will become accomplish-able. And I will miss you Mr. Starace and I know you will miss the Fantastic 4, lol. Goodnight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

big mouth

Living on the dance floor//dance moms

madison+vine//happy gilmore